Please send resumes to: Careers@silexdata.com
Palantir Data Engineer
The Palantir Data Engineer will work on client-facing projects from a delivery perspective. They will need to work closely with our client subject matter experts to scope new data integrations, design data models, perform data cleaning, and transformation within the Palantir Foundry platform. They will also need to provide guidance and support for clients in accessing and leveraging the Palantir toolset to create new workflows, as requested.
- Setup transfers of data feeds from source systems into location accessible to Foundry
- Ingest new data sources using Foundry’s data ingestion UIs
- Debug issues related to delayed or missing data feeds
- Write transformations and derive new datasets
- Monitor build progress and debug problems
- Using Spark for distributed computation
- Using Foundry’s application development framework to design applications that address operational questions
- Rapid development and iteration cycles with SME’s
- Testing and troubleshooting application issues
- Investigating data questions surrounding the application
- Strong experience and knowledge of common industry cloud and/or data platforms, technologies & concepts.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to compellingly articulate Silex & Palantir’s value and product offering to audiences with varying levels of technical skill and seniority.
- Ability to understand customers’ requirements and context and how Palantir’s software can fit in.
- Demonstrated technical skills and a love of getting things done and finding solutions.
- Experience building and managing relationships and collaborating with internal partners and external counterparts.
- Proven track record of delivering and integrating digital solutions at government or commercial institutions.
- Between 1 and 3 years of experience with consulting or professional services
- Knowledge in at least one or more enterprise IT landscapes and systems (ERP, CRM, EHR, MES, DMS, ESB, etc.)
- Experience in Python, or experienced in another programming language and willing to learn Python on their own
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Pyspark
- Professional working proficiency in English, both spoken and written
- Having been staffed on a client-facing project previously
- Data engineering experience preferred over data science
- Programming experience requiring collaborative, Agile software development
Job Type: Full-Time, Remote
About Silex Data Solutions
Silex Data Solutions is a minority owned Value-Added-Reseller and Systems Integrator Based in Franklin, TN. Silex was founded by a group of industry veterans who saw a need to shift the discussion from infrastructure to a customer data strategy. We are made up of a diverse group of individuals with decades of experience at all levels of the IT industry: former customers, resellers, and manufacturers. We leverage this knowledge to ensure a positive experience when our customers embark on new IT projects and initiatives and our success is fueled by the success of our customers. Join the Silex team and be a part of our diverse and ever-growing company culture.